The City of San Jose California has been at the center of two economic revolutions—the Information and Communications Technology revolution and the Biotechnology revolution. Now they seek to be a global leader in a third economic revolution—the Clean Tech revolution.
San Jose’s Green Vision establishes a framework for stimulating the Green Economy in which San Jose is working to create a market and spur growth by influencing both supply and demand-side levers:
- Innovation and manufacturing of Clean Tech products.
- Employment in Clean Tech and support industries
- Awareness and adoption of green practices
- Purchase of Clean Tech products
Leading to Market-Driven Clean Tech Innovations
- Utilizing renewable energy sources
- Managing energy and resources more efficiently
- Reducing environmental impacts