Portland Oregon has a long history of action based on an integration of environmental and economic values. Recently Portland has taken the next step in building a green economy by launching a Climate Prosperity Initiative.
The Climate Prosperity Initiative is based on clear vision:
- We can simultaneously grow the economy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- We can develop a new economic engine for the region that takes advantage of our long history as environmental innovators.
- The region is not guaranteed a leadership position in the fast‐moving global green economy unless it invests in and organizes itself for success.
The Climate Prosperity priorities include to:
- Expand green finance project.
- Accelerate energy efficiency and clean energy deployment.
- Commercialize Green Technologies.
- Cultivate and expand the Clean Tech Cluster.
- Cultivate Sustainable Forestry and Agriculture.
- Develop pipeline of Green Talent.
- Institutionalize, measure progress, brand region
Workshop on Jobs and The Climate – Portland Oregon 6.20.12