James Hurd Nixon is Co-Founder and Principal of Sustainable Systems, a for-profit corporation founded in 1994 that specializes in regional initiatives, sustainable economic development, and web strategies.
Currently, his roles include:
- Co-Founder and Director of Business Development for REV+ALL LLC, providing a Sustainability Transformation Platform of online courses, coaching, community forums and other tools and resources to help small and mid-size businesses, organizations, and public agencies accelerate their sustainability journeys.
- Member of the Leadership Team for Our Planet Our Future. Inspired by the call of 33 of the world’s most senior and respected Faith Leaders to take urgent action on the climate emergency, Our Planet Our Future is being launched campaign of campaigns, joining with many of the leading Climate Action Organizations to engage at least 1.5 billion people over the next ten years.
- Treasurer of the Alliance for Community Development, a not-for-profit corporation that sponsors Bay Area Capital Connections and the Bay Area Equity Fund, Bay Area Capital Connections, and the Bay Area Entrepreneurship Alliance.
- Co-Founder and Board Member of the TechEquity Collaborative, organizing the tech community to address economic inequity at its roots.
- Founder and Coordinator of the Planetary Philosophy website.
Previously, he has served as:
- Lead consultant for the East Bay Broadband Consortium, a regional initiative to formulate and implement a Broadband strategy to acquire Gigabit Broadband and help bridge the digital divide in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Solano Counties in California.
- Lead consultant to the Bay Area Council for the Bay Area Family of Funds, a $250 million double bottom line investment initiative that made investments in low- and moderate- income neighborhoods in the Bay Area.
- Lead consultant to the Mayor’s Office in San Antonio Texas for Mission Verde, San Antonio’s Sustainable Economic Development Strategy.
- Team Leader for the GUD Team that produced Prosperity in Paradise, a Sustainable Economic Development Strategy for Sarasota County Florida.
- Co-coordinator of three Building the Sustainable Economy conferences, two in New York City, and one in Havana Cuba, which brought together leaders of the Sustainable Development Movement from around the U.S. and the world.
- Senior Vice President of Progressive Asset Management, the first full-service broker/dealer specializing in socially responsible investment.